Athletics Day

 Athletics Day at Lovelock Track was a great success - and the weather turned out to be nice after all.

Room 17 did a great job with some very able athletes doing us proud.



On Athletics Day, we walked all the way from our school to a sports field behind Wesley Community Centre. 

We got in teams like : Year 5 Girls, Year 6 Boys, etc. I was in Year 4 Boys. First we went to High Jump. It was a lot of fun. Second we went to Discus. Discus was a lot of fun too. Third we went to Long Jump. I didn't do good in that but it was really fun watching others. Fifth we went to Shot Put. Shot Put was a lot of fun. Sixth we went to Sprints/Relays. I only participated in the 100 metre sprint. Our class came third in the relays.

By Veer



On Athletics Day I was excited but scared. I came 2nd in 100m. In the semi-finals, I was so scared

because it was 200m. I was 2nd until someone overtook me. I was so tired i could not feel my legs.

Also I was always hot and I didnt want to go to the bathroom because it was dirty. My friend Jude came

1st in the 800m and I thought he was lying until he got a certificate for winning the 800m.There was

someone that threw the shot put so far no one could beat him.The long jump was quite hard because

you would always get sandy. Discus was one of my favorite but I got confused when someone bet me

they didn't.  

By Vihaan



The Athletics Day was so fun. We did a high jump, long jump, relays, shot put, discus and running. I came first in the 800m Year 4 boys and I came fifth in the Long jump. We started off with high jump. 

Hope you guys came a Place.


By Jude



This is what I did in Athletics, by Sal


The first thing I did was high jump,  then I did discus, then long jump, then shot put. I didn't come 1st 2st or 3st in any of those. I came first in 100 metres then I got in the finals but I didn't get into the tournament then my best friend Jude came 1st in 800 metres. I felt so happy for him. Then my mum picked up rice and pork for me so I felt better. Then our class relay team came 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri