Student Perspectives on Lockdowns and Getting Back to School

 These students (15 today) are busy working on this very blog post, which is why they all have their computers out. Their task is to describe their lockdown or back-to-school experience.



In lockdown I did some gardening and filled up the bird house with seeds. I played with my Thomas toys and my Peter Rabbit toys.

By Jeremy


In lockdown I drew a picture for 8 days and it was quite good. I needed some help and I messed up.

I also did some life hacks. Some didn't work like the one where you plug your charger into a lemon.

Sometimes I went to Olympic Park for a walk or I was reading my book called Hello Neighbor.

By Vihaan


On the last day of lockdown me and my brother watched How To Draw videos. I drew a realistic toucan. We also drew four pictures on one page for example: One page would have four sweets on it. 

By Tulsi


In lockdown, I did lots of stuff like sliding down the hill at Mt Albert in really heavy rain and hail and I got the muddiest out of me Soraya and Keane. And another thing I did in lockdown was jumping on the tramp with Soraya.

By Ariana


I have been writing a play with the play writing club, we have been working on: wonderful wonderLAND, it we have been working on the scenes, I have been working on the wonderland (on the computer).

From INA


๐Ÿ˜ŽBack at school๐Ÿ˜Ž

 When I came back to school I was sad because Aymen was not there so I been sad for the whole day I could not play with no one.

By Yahya



In lockdown I made my grandma’s lemon cake using her recipe it was so delicious and yum!!

And I wrote a BIG chapter book what am still working on.

And I did a LOT of school work and went to Mt Ruapehu before lock down and my mum broke her leg.




On lockdown I was moving house’s and my dad got a big truck so we can fit all our stuff in but I put all my stuff in our normal car because there was no space.
by Tabitha

Blog Post about First Week of Lockdown

4 . 9 . 20

In Lockdown I went for 15-20 minute walks with my mum. I also learnt how to make roti (Indian dish, it’s like naan). I went and dropped of Aoibheann’s birthday present on a walk       ( with social distancing of course ) and also played my games with Aoibheann and Philly (they are my bffs).

By Bhargavi



On the first week of lockdown I was at Queenstown wednesday of week 4 we were going back home in auckland we were lucky. On the airplane we had to wear face masks. Me and my sister didn’t like wearing the face masks. When we got home we relaxed for the weekend. On monday I did some work on the school blog and did some sewing like everyday with my felt sewing machine. I made a big bag, small bag, playing mittens and a mask. For the rest of the week did the work on the blog.

By Danica


In lockdown I played too much Minecraft but I got some diamonds and went to the Nether with the instructions that I made.

by Floyd๐Ÿ‘ฑ

6 comments:

  1. Jude that looks so yum:) from jacks frind matty rm 18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii this is castiel



    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks yummmmmm from castiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Jude. My name is Kini and I from room 22. I like your cake it looks so yum I like the white part on the top it looks like a melting ice cream. I like how you made it with your family. I might make one like yours too and thanks for sharing and keep being kind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a yummy cake there was it your birthday?
    I like that cake because it looks Delicious!
    thanks for sharing and keep being kind
    from Aaron.lisiua

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri