Reflections on "Choose Thursday" - Our Elective Afternoon

Every Thursday this term (lockdown excluded!) our students have been going off to elective activity groups. Some examples of this are: karate, magazine reporting, model making, sculpture, animation, mural art, robotics, and coding. In Room 17, we call this afternoon "Chursday"!

Here, Room 17 students have a look back on their experience and share it with you.

Choose Thursday runs until Thursday 24th September.


In visual art, we have been drawing a taniwha with chalk and coloring in with jovies or pastel.

On the first day, I met people that I know like Arnie and Toben. Then after a few days I had to

restart more than five times and I was like the slowest one out of our group.We have also been

doing some detail on our taniwha it was quite hard to do the tiny details like on the tail. 

By Vihaan


I've been in the gardening group. We've been pulling out weeds across the school we also raked the field. On our first day we went to room 19’s garden. There was so much to rake and to pull out weeds it was a big rubbish bin we filled up the whole thing. On the day 10.9.202, there was a even bigger trash can we filled that up as well. Its a tough job but we also get to play after we finish it.

by Aymen


I like the garden group because it's fun and I do weeding, raking and picking up the leaves, tidy up the garden and we plant the vegetables and we have to plant flowers.

By Jeremy


For Churs-day I've been making a Piskel animation. I’ve learnt how to use the onion skin and layers. I’m working on an animation of a guy playing a game. It’s kind of secret.

by Floyd


=^.^= PISKEL GROUP! =^.^=

My Churs-day is Piskel. At the moment we are doing our own one now because we have learnt some cool stuff to help us make it. Me and my friend, Sariya, are both doing ours about cats๐Ÿˆ. We both love cats, and thats what makes us great friends. My piskel is about a Cat Delivery. It’s practically like a post service giving cats. Thats all. Its very fun because Mr Greenfield has been showing us new strategies. I really love piskel group because I can be with my friends.  ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿšš I learnt how to make layers so your animation does not affect the background. 

By Aoibheann


Aoibheann's Piskel (so far)


Blog Post about Choose Thursday A.K.A. Chursday

My Choose Thursday group is School Newsletter, now known as school magazine (because we are doing a magazine instead of a newspaper). Anyway, I have done an article and a recipe and I’m starting a cover design. I think our magazine will turn out really cool and I can’t wait to see the finished result. 2 of my friends are in the school newspaper as well as me.

By Bhargavi.


Churs-day project

My Churs-day project is visual art and it is so fun. It was the right one to do for me and my sister was in it too. We are drawing Taniwha. When we started, we had practice runs with pencils when we got the final paper we drew it with chalk and we will colour it with pastels and we will dye it next. My Taniwha is standing, has four legs, normal teeth, pointy tongue, golden crown and sharp claws.  

From Danica


I really like coding because I can make my own game just by putting blocks together. That is why I have decided I am joining - to make a jumping game although there isn't that much sound blocks so that is why you can make your own beat for your game. So what I have been doing is this: I have been making my own beats for my song so when you come in my game hopefully I finish it before two more days are over.  

by Ramona


My name is Yahya. I am in Piskel animation with Mr G. He is the Teacher for Piskel. I had a bad time when I started. I was bored and I was sick of listening. I had to go to the hospital very badly.


I like my Chursday group because I learn to make board games and cards games.

By Zejm


When I was doing coding, I was nervous because there were a lot of BIG kids in the class.

Luckily, I had a friend called Luka. It was 100 out of 100. It was so fun. It was called a jumping game.

But I lost all my work so I had to do a new one.๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ. It is so fun

Jude room 17.


I love making magazines because they are fun to make and especially fun to make with my friends.

By Ariana


When we play board games, it is fun since you can bring any game.

By Issa


I think Choose Thursday is super fun,Visual art is awesome. We even drew a taniwha with chalk.

Next week I think we're dyeing our taniwha,sometimes when we finish our work we all get to play a game

together.

By Kapiri


I am doing gardening and it is fun. We have cleaned out a lot of weeds on the side of Room 19.

If we have been doing lots of gardening then we can play a game if there is enough time.

By Kobie


My Churs-day Experience

My Churs-day experience is going well. I do gymnastics with Miss Hoffman. Yesterday we made ribbons. We also tried to do rhythmic gymnastics. Miss Hoffman gave us sticks so we can colour it then she gave us ribbons and she glued the ribbon on and we had a ribbon to do rhythmic gymnastics. We learnt gymnastics moves to. My favourite move was the ice cream scoop.

By Tabitha


I love Piskel because we get to make images. When we make lots of images it makes a cool character doing lots of cool things. I also like it because we learn more about it like the onion skin.

By Jasmine


We have been doing Piskel, research and google drive for our top secret things with Heather. Last week we saw RAINBOW  parrot on the fence. Heather said it would bring GOOD LUCK.

So someone shouted out that it means we will finish our work. We wish there was no such thing as covid-19. From INA


I like crafting stuff at model making. I have been making classes and dices.

And at the end we were cleaning everything.

By Richie


5 comments:

  1. hi i am Kingi super piskel anamation

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i am Mattias good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am Sariya GOOD JOB Aoibheann on your piskel. I loved how you made your box moving and how you say Me and my friend, Sariya. Always be kind.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri