Student Thoughts on the Last Week of Term 3


What a tumultuous term (and year!). Spring is here and there's only one short stretch left before room 17 become the big kids of the school.

Here, the students are reporting on their last week of Term 3.

On Thursday we did some fairy craft I was making stuff with Sal and Jude we were making stuff with natural stuff like sticks, rocks, shells, fabric, and also feathers.It took forever to clean it up we made some epic stuff like cups and bowls. It was so fun when we were just making things there was glue to stick things on.

by Vihaan


Kahoot-Making

Today is the last day for school so we are going to do what I have been doing, so I made a Pokemon Kahoot. First I did math and it was easy because I did not know what to do. So everyone can get it all right. When I got used to Kahoot and the Pokemon was hard now no one can get it.

by Yahya


Fairy craft was so fun. We made lots of cool stuff like bowls cups, chairs and other stuff. This is what I made. It is a bell over a pot of water. And we were making other stuff with rocks, sticks and little twigs and leaves.

by Jude



This week my favourite part was “Churs-Day”. I brought my chess game. I played it with a person that I didn't know. First he got my queen, then he won but I didn't make a big deal about it because I just started playing it. Then I played a game named surgery how you play it when you have this tweezer and you pick things out of him but if you touch the sides you’re out. I got every piece out of it and same with my friend, Issa, then I played Jenga and that;s all I did.

By Sal



Thursday september 24 it was "Chursday" or as you might call it, "Choose Thursday". It's when year 3, 4, 5, and 6 leave their teacher (well some stay with their teacher). But, anyway, let's get on to the story. I'm in the garden group. We go to the garden beds in the school and pull out weeds and plants that are pulled out of the garden bed we plant them back where they were. But yesterday on, Chursday or Choose Thursday, it was raining. It was windy. It sounded like a thunderstorm, so we stayed inside. We did garden art work on paper. 1 out of 10 finished. We watched videos about how to grow stuff in 5 minutes and watched a watermelon grow it took 61 or 71 days.

By Aymen



Some of us in Room 17 made a Kahoot. It was fun. I did a Pokemon Kahoot with Yahya. Both made a Pokemon. I did not see his but he did see mine.

By Issa



This week my favourite part was “Churs-Day”. I brought my chess game. I played it with a person that I didn't know. First he got my queen, then he won but I didn't make a big deal about it because I just started playing it. Then I played a game named surgery how you play it when you have this tweezer and you pick things out of him but if you touch the sides you’re out. I got every piece out of it and same with my friend, Issa, then I played Jenga and that’s all I did.

By Sal



Choose Thursday was awesome,we got to draw our taniwha with chalk. We coloured our taniwha with pastel or crayon after that we all had to dye our taniwha black.

By Kapiri



Last week of school in my “Churs-day” class I dyed my art and made a background for my taniwha.

By Tahu



Yesterday, on Thursday, Heather (Aoibheann's mum) came in to our class and did some stuff for the community gardens. It was stuff to do with fairies like chairs and bowls and tables all for little adorable fairies. I was working on my fairy since I didn’t last time. Most of the class worked on their fairy while I made furniture.

by Tulsi



I like making Kahoots because I love quizzes and we get to share it with the class.

By Jasmine



Owais Got Talent Blog Post!

25.09.20 

Yesterday I had Owai's Got Talent. My friends Aoibheann, Philly, and Ina were in a group with me. We all did speeches about animals and how to protect them. Aoibheann and Philly did a speech about bees, Ina did one about platypuses and I did one about turtles. Danica and Elaina did tap dancing, Frances did singing, Phoenix did singing, Samantha did Jazllet ( It’s jazz and ballet mixed together ) and Niamh and Lila did dancing. Mr G did filming and Miss Whysall did music and backgrounds. I loved Owais Got Talent.

By Bhargavi



On Thursday I did my Owai’s Got Talent. I did tap dancing with my sister Elaina. We danced to my level tap dance. The song that we danced to was We Will Rock You. Some of my friends did it too. The people who did it were Ina, Philly, Bhargavi and Aoibheann they were a group and my neighbour Frances she usually comes to my family house every day. Ina’s group did speeches, Ina did it about Platypuses, Philly and Aoibheann did the same together it was about Bees and Bhargavi was about Turtles. Frances was singing a song called Ocean eyes by Billie Eilish and my sister friend thats in her class he was in it to his name was Huw he was singing Dance monkey. The rist of the people who were doing it to it was Phoenix, Samantha Kayin, Muhammad, Lila, Anna, and Savannai. Phoenix, Muhammad and Anna did singing, Samantha, Lila and  Savannai did dancing and Kayin played the Electric guitar.

By Danica











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri