Kauri Camp 1

 Room 24, 17, and 25 had a grand time camping from Monday to Wednesday at Shakespear Lodge at the end of the Whangaparaoa peninsula. The sunshine was magnificent and the location quite stunning!

After meeting in the hall on Monday morning, the students, teachers, and parents piled into the two buses (though one of them was quite late!) and set off for the North Shore. The bus journey took about an hour and involved driving through a "pest fence" automatic gate.


Arriving at camp, we got organised in our bunkrooms and prepared for the first activity. Seven groups, eight activities, including Sailing, Raft-building, Coasteering, Kayaking, Archery, UHF Radios, Climbing, and Bush Cooking.



I was positioned at the beach so I got to see a lot of water activities. I learned a few knots that are useful for lashing timber together and helped some other groups launch their craft.

Camp was a fantastic experience filled with exciting activities, great food, and funny people. I was a little sad to see it finish, but I also missed my family, so I just appreciated the time I had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri