Learning from Home: For the times they are a-changin'

Kia ora students, parents, and caregivers. Here are some ideas for the next week to keep the learning happening at home. Feel free to adapt these ideas to your own family circumstances.

Keep checking in to our blog each week for another instalment of Learning from Home ideas. I hope to check in on my students (not in person!) in the coming weeks to see how they are going, so you may get a phone call or email.

If you would prefer a hard copy of the work for the next two weeks you can collect it from school Tuesday 24th March. It will be in the Puriri Home Learning Box in the McGarry Room.

Aside from these idea sheets, please continue to use the links ("Maths", "Reading", "Typing", "Coding") at the top of the blog to access digital resources that we use in class. I'd also love it if my students could contribute to our class blog from home (see below for some ideas).

Kia Kaha! We'll be back together soon, hopefully.
Paul Greenfield, Room 17 teacher.

Room 17 Learning Ideas 
send to pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz and I'll upload them to the blog if you like!

  • Write a blog post or video about staying at home (or about anything!) and send it to me
  • Make a video of yourself reading a book or poem and email it to me
  • Write, proofread and edit a story using the characters of Matilda and send it to me
  • Listen to Matilda being read by Mr G! (coming soon)
  • Watch a video or read a website about Maori pa sites.
  • Write a play about keeping safe and healthy - send it to me
  • Make an animation about keeping healthy using Piskel
  • Practise Typing Club, Xtramath, e-ako, Read Theory, and Coding (all links on our blog)

WEEK 1
- Other "LEARNING FROM HOME" Ideas - 
Choose TWO per day


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Paul! I will show this post to Tulsi. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew online would be so vital! Thanks for the cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you I have shown Kapiri so she is working through and is enjoying it. Her favourite so far is the plane race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made a cake already. It was a very nice cake!
    -Aoibheann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Teacher-dad! I have been doing a project using rubbish to make a ship! I've already painted it, and when i'm done, i'll post it on my blog!
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri