A Phantasmagoria of Things

 Gearing up for year 5 by regularly blogging, here are some unrelated posts by Room 17 students!


Hello today I'm going to give you some info on border collies. Let's start with size. We will be going through with a couple of things. I won't be doing your care, so just listen to the vet or the person you got the dog from.


Border Collie Males grow up to 19 to 22 inches tall, while Females grow up to 18 to 21 inches tall. Males weigh 35 to 45 pounds, and Females weigh 30 to 40 pounds.


They come in colours such as...Here it comes...Blueish grey and white, black and white, chocolate and white, (Australian) Red and white, (EE) red and white, Lilac and white, Blue Iricolour, Tricolour, Chocolate tricolour, Lilac tricolour, Mottled, Sable, Blue merle, Blue Iricolour merle, Chocolate merle, Chocolate Iricolour merle, Lilac merle, Lilac Iricolour merle, Slate merle, Brindle. *Sigh* Wow. Quite a lot.  

Here is a photo of an Australian red and white →

So, that's my information report on border collies. 

By Aoibheann Carolan








On the weekend my sister and I put up the Christmas tree and we also decorated the tree outside our yard with decorations. It was fun.

By Ariana



Holiday plans, by Yahya


  1. Go to the beach 

  2. Draw a pokemon

  3. Learn my language

  4. Learn Islamic books

  5. Go to the movies

  6. Have a sleepover

  7. Make dinner

  8. Learn how to do karate

  9. Play Tekken 7

  10. Writing a lot of my language

  11. Learn how to write my language



Tata Beach Attractions & Activities in Golden Bay & Takaka New Zealand



I like Kahoot! because I created three of them. I am going to finish my third one tomorrow afternoon. We play them in the afternoony. We sometimes get Multi select and double points. Sometimes we win and sometimes we won't. Some are about video games. You are only allowed 12 questions or less. You have fun. You are allowed 20 seconds to answer. 

by Jeremy



Oh hi I’m Ina and if you like DIYs as much as I do keep on reading


CANDY SCHOOL SPILLS by INA 

NUMBER 1: let's start with the easiest and you don't need to freeze it

EDIBLE GLUE! First get an empty glue bottle (not full because it will

take too long,) wash out any glue still in there, find some milk, take off the

top,l  use a funnel (if you have one) and pour in the milk, put the top back on.

NUMBER 2: here is something to freeze rubbers to eat first. Choose

1 color here is something to choose from: honey, chocolate sauce,

strawberry sauce, syrup. When you choose one, pour it into an

Ice cube thing  (not square) and put it in the freezer, take it out and eat it!



Slither 

I was in a play called Slither. It was a good experience, it was a fun play.

It was my fifth play. Slither is about heaps of worms that are attacking

Owairaka Primary. My character was Sarah. There were roughly 30 character’s

in the whole play. At the moment we are writing a Baba Yaga play and there’s

some new characters added to the storyline. Slither was a big play because it

took a long time to make and perform. Everyone is welcome to join. We are all

a family at the theatre group :).


By Justus




What Sal is going to do in the holidays!!!!!!

In the holidays i'm making the best of Christmas. We’re still trying to find a Christmas tree

but we will find one. I asked for a guitar because I want to learn. I also want a new

skateboard because I skate a lot. I also have my big chocolate in the calendar that tells

you how many days there are until Christmas. I'm also going to spend my money because

I got 100 dollars for my birthday. I'm thinking of buying some rings or buying a gift card

for my xbox so i can buy some things like games, the game passes,

credits on games like Rocket League thats a game I like to play.


By Sal




My Sleepover, Board games, and Pizza night!

I had a sleepover with my best friend Aoibheann (pronounced ee-ven). First we

played around at my house. Then my mum came home from her office, and we

went to the community house. We were going to go with a group of people. There

were 9 kids and 10 adults, including my family and Aoibheann. It was ladies and

kids ONLY. We  had cheese pizza, chocolate chip cookies and coke! It was so

yummy. Then we played ping pong outside on the ping pong table. Then we played

Family Feud (It’s a trivia board game). Then we had more food and we tidied up

and left. My friend got her dog, Biscuit. Biscuit is really white and fluffy and

cute. Then we went home and went to sleep. 

by Bhargavi




On the holidays I am going on lots of trips around New Zealand. Last year, my favorite trip

was to Cape Reinga. It is at the tippy top of New Zealand. But I went to Mt Ruapehu and I

went skiing and snowboarding. But I tried to do a trick but I hit my chin on a rock.Last time I

went to Rotorua I went to the sky luge and I had to go with a parent because I was too short

but now i go by myself. Me and my family travel with my cousins we all go to places that

me and my cousins can have fun.  


By Vihaan




On Saturday I went to the movies. I went to the movies in town. My dad lives close to the tower. We saw the new movie the Croods. It is a movie about cave people and weird creatures that are real.


By Issa




In the weekend me and my dad went to the pools. My dad watched me swim and went down the slide. I did some strokes and I jumped off the diving board and I went around a wall it was a current. I even went down the slide on my back and stomach it was fun.

By Locarno 


Millers Xmas plans!

When it’s the holidays, at one point, me and my family are going to Goat island. But

before that we are going to tappora in the country and we are going to have Xmas there.

These are some things I ordered for Xmas. LEGO funfair, master of goo jitsoo, All the

things in block craft. That's about it I think. Oh and to donate money to homeless children.


By Miller 




Otago Rail Trail

Hi my name is Oliver Rรผegg Coughlan I am going on the Otago Rail Trail with Sue, Deb, Zoe,Teis, Briey, Stefan, and Jane.

This is a 150 kilometres. You do 35 kilometres a day. It is a 7 day trip.


By Oliver




On Friday night we went out for dinner with our friends from the ski club. Their names are Georgia and Eliot. We hardly ever see them. It was so fun. I saw Oliver ( Jasmine’s Neighbour ). After we went out for dinner we went to Fairy Judy’s house because my mum knew she put up lights. It was so cool and you could walk around their house and see all the lights. It was amazing. We got mini candy canes. I loved it.


By Tulsi




Holiday Plans

So on Christmas day me my mum and my baby brother are going to our grandparents house for lunch. Our aunts and uncles might come over as well, so then after everyone comes over we all have some lunch. After lunch we just have a little chat then after that I think we sit on the couches and open presents if we got each other one. So then we have a little fun and anther quick chat so then after that some of our aunts and uncles would leave, my mum and grandparents would rest for a little bit and then me my mum and my baby brother would leave and go home. 


By Kapiri.




My Dad and me went to the car.

It is super fast. My car is good  for my family.

Audi India business back on track, sees heightened demand in festive season                         

by Seuga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Paul's email: pgreenfield@owairaka.school.nz
Paul's availability: 9am until 3pm Mon to Fri